Junior Accountant / Bookkeeper
MB&Co is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, quick learner with a passion for accounting in its North Vancouver office. The selected candidate will provide accounting and bookkeeping support to the controller through recording, preparing expense reports, problem-solving and sorting and filing invoices and receipts. This person will also provide support for the day to day operations of the company.
- Perform general accounting duties with exceptional attention to detail
- Daily bookkeeping for multiple companies (including accounts payable and accounts receivable duties
- Ensure that all accounting is accurate, up to date, and organized
- Provide accounting support for a client located in Vancouver two days a week
- Process credit card entries – reconcile
- Prepare and provide internal auditing support to external accountants
- Manage filing systems
- Assist Controller as needed
- College diploma or university degree in accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in a role involving bookkeeping or financial accounting.
- Experience with inventory – entering inventory items, costs, pricing
- Proven proficiency using QuickBooks desktop and online software.
- Experience or familiar with Sage 50 (including online versions), Microsoft Office applications (specifically Microsoft Excel)
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize effectively.
- Experience in MS-office.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and with discretion.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants will be contacted and assessed on a rolling basis. Only individuals invited to an interview will be contacted.